Sunday, March 27, 2011

30 day picture challenge - Day 4

Picture of something you do at night.

Well let's see, when I'm not sleeping or reading I like to crochet or practice piano.... none of those are particularly interesting pictures, but never the less, I'll post pictures anyway.

I like to crochet because it gives me a chance to pray.  I started crocheting at a time in my life when my mind was particularly full and I was under a great deal of stress at work.  I would come home and as my fingers were busy, I would pray.... since then it has become a nice way to relax to give things over to the Lord that I tend to hang onto.

Since my parents gave me a piano last June, I enjoy playing piano in the middle of the night just because I can.  Since I live in an apartment my piano is a very nice electric piano with headphones, so I really can play at 3:00 a.m. if I want to.   Playing piano is something that I've always enjoyed, but that I've never mastered.  Practicing makes me feel as if I might one day really be able to play rather than just "fake playing".  Currently in addition to becoming a better sight reader, I am trying to re learn a piece that I learned to play years ago and have since forgotten.  I especially like to play piano because I can do it even when my voice is tired from teaching.

No comments: