Monday, October 13, 2008

Blog Reruns Episode 17 - Nothing better to do

July 6, 2006 - Thursday

So here I sit at about 10:00 p.m. trying very hard to relax enough to go to sleep before 3:00 a.m. and all I can think about is the fact that I really want to go shopping and get a hair cut. This is the tragedy of summer. Every summer I get switched around in my schedule to the point that nothing meaningful happens in my day before noon and even then I don't really get going until around 6:00 p.m.
Take today for example. I woke up around 8:00 a.m. long enough to get my laundry started. There was a possibility that my best friend and I would go to the gym this morning ,but as she was headed out of town, I wasn't too worried that it would actually happen. 11:30- I woke up, switched the laundry and fixed myself some lunch. After lunch I began reading "Searching for God Knows What" by Donald Miller. I read some Luke 2: 41-52. I read my daily dose of meaningless dribble and then I checked my email. Around that time, my friend who was on her way home called and I visited with her. Around 4:00 p.m. I went to the gym and did a "double work-out". I came home, got pretty and then went to dinner with friends. Now it's 10:00 p.m. and I'm ready to get things done.
What did I do today? Well I don't really know, but it was nice.

No comments: