Monday, October 13, 2008

Blog Reruns Episode 4 - It's all about the eyes!!!

March 6, 2006 - Monday
Current mood: amused

I went to the eye doctor today and the day has finally come that I've been waiting for at least since 7th grade. I finally got reading glasses to use WITH my contacts!!!! My doctor said that for now they are specifically for when I sew, but that in the future I would find that I need them to read. Basically, because I'm far-sighted my eyes will get worse at a faster pace than the rest of the near-sighted world. The good news is that my eyes are very healthy, I mean, they are definitely not about to fall out of my head or anything. It's at times like these when I'm both frustrated with the limitations of my earthly body, but also EXTREMELY grateful that I live in the 21st century where there is such a thing as glasses and contacts, and eye surgery. I'm in no hurry to go "under the laser". I'm waiting until the technology is becomes common place enough that it is practically over the counter. (You know, added to the list of spa treatments at the local beauty salon). When that day comes, then you'll see me in line, but until then, I'll just live with my current solution. Have a great day!!!

No comments: