Monday, October 13, 2008

Blog Reruns Episode 6 - Hermit No More

March 12, 2006 - Sunday

Current mood: productive Category: Life

It is late on Sunday night and I am counting down the very last minutes of my wonderful spring break. I have literally been a hermit this week all for the cause of finishing my silly costumes for my 5th graders. I will be Soooooooo glad to talk about something else, and do something else when I'm finished. Did I mention that my costumes look VERY cool? So, basically despite the fact that I have worked myself into the ground trying to get them done, (and there is still some work to do), they look GREAT! Well- maybe not my union and confederate soldier costumes, they look kind of fake in a slightly underoo/pajama-esk but they exist, and that was the goal above all other goals, simply to make the blasted things.
It is extremely satisfying to try something challenging and to get it done. I think that is one of my favorite parts of life is the simple fact that we have the opportunity to grow and to change and to meet challenges. Obviously, I wish that ALL my challenges in life were those of my own choosing like my costume project, but still, it is nice to know that at the end of the day, God has not left us to be the same person we were when we woke up, but he gives us the opportunity to rely on him to meet the challenges of the day. I don't know about you, but I often have some mighty large challenges in my day and it is good to know and rely on my all-sufficient Savior to get me through.

No comments: